We are currently seeking a Machinist for a Claremore manufacturing company.
1st and 2nd Shift Available
*Must own tools*
CNC Machinist Job Overview:
Ultimately responsible for setting-up and operating a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts & instruments. Specifically, will be responsible for fabricating, modifying, or repairing mechanical instruments and equipment used by the company’s various production departments. Will also fabricate and modify parts to make or repair machine tools or maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures. Will also utilize drawings and sketches to perform various machining and fabricating duties to include the setup and performance of standard jet, pump, and valve/filling testing procedures. Also responsible for cutting couplings and beams; for drilling nameplates; and sharpening dice punches as needed. Will perform all other duties as assigned by the Production Manager.
CNC Machinist Requirements:
- An Associates(Vocational) Degree is preferred, but not required.
- 1-2+ years of experience.
- Broad knowledge and experience in: measuring dimensions of finished work pieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates, and fixtures, remove and replace dull cutting tools, & mount, install, align, and secure tools, attachments, fixtures, and work pieces on machines, using hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
- Above average skills in: Listening to machines during operation to detect sounds such as those made by dull cutting tools or excessive vibration and adjust machines to compensate for problems, adjust machine feed and speed, change cutting tools, or adjust machine controls when automatic programming is faulty or if machines malfunction.
- Demonstrated ability to: Modify cutting programs to account for problems encountered during operation and save modified programs, lift work pieces to machines manually or with hoists or cranes, check to ensure that work pieces are properly lubricated and cooled during machine operation.
- General knowledge of: calculate machine speed and feed ratios and the size and position of cuts, Insert control instructions into machine control units to start operation, and review program specifications or blueprints to determine and set machine operations and sequencing, finished work piece dimensions, or numerical control sequences.