We are currently looking to fill a Maintenance Mechanic position with a Sand Springs company: the ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of experience in performing mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and/or electrical repairs to industrial equipment. We are looking for dependable, extremely motivated individuals who are ready to learn and grow into leaders in their field with a globally-recognized local company.
Are you ready for the unlimited opportunity of working for a company that values initiative, excellence, and problem-solving? Our client has hundreds of locations in 60 different countries and is a key provider of equipment and technologies for the oil & gas, utilities, and water management industries. There are many opportunities here for cross-training and growth for individuals dedicated to continuous self-improvement!
Shift: 1st, Must be open to working overtime or different hours as needed.
Hours: 5:00 am – 1:30 pm, Overtime: Some Possible
Starting Pay: $13.00 per hour with room to grow
Maintenance Mechanic Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Able to rebuild or replace equipment to restore to working condition using knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical operations;
- Able to diagnose and correct malfunctioning equipment or processes;
- Able to perform preventive maintenance and adhere to routine PM schedules;
- Able to determine required parts and/or tools for assigned jobs;
- Use appropriate LOTO procedures and other safety precautions, power down equipment prior to performing work;
- Able to return equipment to working order, clean area, return tools to proper storage area and complete work orders upon repair completion;
- Required to wear company provided PPE while working in an area using regulated chemicals;
- Willing to perform other duties or special projects as assigned.
Maintenance Mechanic Requirements/Qualifications:
- Positive attitude, ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to work effectively with others;
- Good mechanical aptitude. Ability to read drawings and diagrams;
- Ability to drive forklift;
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, to reach, stoop, push, pull, climb ladders and work from heights;
- Additional technical training is a plus.
Climate Controlled Facility? No
Required Education Level: High School – GED
Everybody cares about safety, especially Barracuda Staffing! You can find an excellent set of reference pages on Machine Shop Safety
here – and be sure to point out the practices that you use during your next interview!
What is “5S” and why should you care? If you work for a manufacturing company that produces for major government contractors, chances are good those contractors will make site visits from time to time to audit your organization. If your department/area routinely displays the standard “5S” principles, it can make all the difference in having a successful audit and winning new business. If you don’t already, put these 5S Practices
into place at your workstation whenever possible, and make sure to point out your efforts in your next interview!
BARRACUDA STAFFING IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
When you come to work for Barracuda Staffing, we don’t just give you a job, we give you the support you need to succeed. Before you even start, we provide you with helpful resources like our Interview Guide
, and even video tips
to help you land the job you’ve been hoping for. Once you are placed with an employer, we provide you with additional resources to help you make the most of your new position, including a monthly informative newsletter, a weekly blog
to assist with things like Conflict Resolution and Leadership skills, training resources, and even inspirational quotes on our social media platforms.
Whether you are just starting your job search, or you need to start tomorrow
, Apply Now
and let us help you find your new job!
We’ve got jobs, inspiration, information, and we’re even good for a laugh! Check us out on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, or Twitter!