Manual Engine Lathe Machinist
We are currently looking to fill a Manual Engine Lathe Machinist position for a company in Tulsa, OK.
Shift: 1st (7AM – 3:30PM) and 2nd shift (3:30PM – 2AM)
Manual Engine Lathe Machinist Job Description:
- Set up and operate engine lathe performing functions such as turn, bore, thread, form, or face metal or plastic materials, bar stock, or castings. Inspect sample workpieces to verify conformance with specifications, using instruments such as gauges, micrometers, and dial indicators.
- Study blueprints, layouts, or charts, and job orders for information on specifications and tooling instructions and to determine material requirements and operational sequences. Adjust machine controls and change tool settings in order to keep dimensions within specified tolerances.
Manual Engine Lathe Machinist Requirements:
- Considerable knowledge of metal properties, machining methods and shop mathematics; numerical ability to compute dimensions; tapers, cutting angles, tool settings, feed rates and machine speeds and ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade; adaptability to working around moving mechanical parts and noisy machinery.
- Must be able to rebuild and custom make parts/equipment.
- Must be able to setup and operate precision machines.
- Industrial experience required.
- At least 5 years of experience running manual lathes
If interested in applying for the Manual Machinist position and meet the requirements listed above, please submit your resume to be considered.