We are currently looking to fill a Mechanical Assembly Technician position with a Tulsa Company.
The ideal candidate will have 2-4 years of mechanical assembly experience in an industrial setting. We are looking for dependable, extremely motivated individuals who are ready to learn and grow into leaders in their field with a globally-renowned company approaching 75 years in business. Our client is shipping actuators, valves, and controls to water treatment and Oil & gas facilities the world over; come work for a solid team with great benefits once you go full-time!
Shift: 1st, Monday – Friday
Hours: 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Overtime Some Possible
Starting Pay: $16 – $18 per hour, depending on experience
Mechanical Assembly Technician Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Perform manual assembly operations per production Work Orders and/or procedures, drawings, schematics, etc.
- Must have mechanical aptitude and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Certified Forklift Operator preferred but not required; familiarity with the use of overhead cranes
- Operate production shop hand and power tools, overhead cranes, forklifts, machinery and computers as needed
- Responsible for quality control. Make adjustments as necessary to produce product within specifications.
- Complete daily production logs as necessary.
- Communicate with coworkers and management as required.
- Clean and maintain work area at the end of each shift.
Mechanical Assembly Technician Requirements/Qualifications:
- Extreme attention to detail, superior organizational skills.
- Able to multitask and work unsupervised for extended periods of time.
- Able to effectively communicate both in writing and verbally.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
Safety Equipment Required: Steel-Toed Boots and Safety Glasses
Required Education Level: High School – GED
Everybody cares about safety, especially Barracuda Staffing! You can find an excellent set of reference pages on Machine Shop Safety
here – and be sure to point out the practices that you use during your next interview!
What is “5S” and why should you care? If you work for a manufacturing company that produces for major government contractors, chances are good those contractors will make site visits from time to time to audit your organization. If your department/area routinely displays the standard “5S” principles, it can make all the difference in having a successful audit and winning new business. If you don’t already, put these 5S Practices
into place at your workstation whenever possible, and make sure to point out your efforts in your next interview!
BARRACUDA STAFFING IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
When you come to work for Barracuda Staffing, we don’t just give you a job, we give you the support you need to succeed. Before you even start, we provide you with helpful resources like our Interview Guide
, and even video tips
to help you land the job you’ve been hoping for. It is never our goal to put you into a job where you don’t fit or won’t succeed, so rather than place you in a position we expect you to leave soon, we will hold out for just the right opportunity. Once you are placed with an employer, we provide you with additional resources to help you make the most of your new position, including a monthly informative newsletter, a weekly blog
to assist with things like Conflict Resolution and Leadership skills, training resources, and even inspirational quotes on our social media platforms.
Whether you are just starting your job search, or you need to start tomorrow
, Apply Now
and let us help you find your new job!
We’ve got jobs, inspiration, information, and we’re even good for a laugh! Check us out on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, or Twitter!