We are currently looking to fill a Night Cast Pipe Operator position with a Sand Springs Company: the ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of experience working with fiberglass-reinforced composites. The cast pipe operator will be responsible for manufacturing fiberglass-reinforced thermoset resin pipe for use in chemical and industrial applications. This is a fast-paced position that requires the operator to plan work, be attentive to the operations at hand and be a great teammate as a part of a small crew of operators. Once properly trained, the operator is expected to exercise good judgment in the operation of the casting process.
Are you ready for the unlimited opportunity of working for a company that values initiative, excellence, and problem-solving? Our client has hundreds of locations in 60 different countries and is a key provider of equipment and technologies for the oil & gas, utilities, and water management industries. There are many opportunities here for cross-training and growth for individuals dedicated to continuous self-improvement!
Shift: 2nd, (Train on Days)
Hours: 9:00 p.m – 5:00 a.m., Overtime Some Possible
Starting Pay: $12.50 per hour to start
Night Cast Pipe Operator Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Observe safety procedures while working with a variety of chemicals used in proper cure of thermoset resins;
- Read, understand, and execute written process instructions provided for manufacture of composite pipe;
- Select proper end caps and slips depending on mold tube and size of pipe to manufacture;
- Load fiberglass material into mold tube machinery;
- Safely work with rotating mold tube equipment;
- Dispense resin into rotating mold tube equipment using injection wands;
- Clean equipment after use and keep work area clean; work area housekeeping is mandatory;
- Complete end-of-shift production reporting and participate in routine team safety discussions;
- Other duties as assigned.
Night Cast Pipe Operator Requirements/Qualifications:
- Safe working attitude;
- Reliable attendance is mandatory;
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds and stand, stoop, or reach throughout shift;
- Will be exposed to noise, chemicals, fiber glass material, hot and/or cold working environment and other industrial settings;
- Strict adherence to safety and PPE requirements is expected.
Climate Controlled Facility? Mixed Work Environment
Safety Equipment Required: PPE Provided by Company
Required Education Level: High School – GED
Want to become more well-versed in the composites industry? Here are a few resources you might find useful:
Everybody cares about safety, especially Barracuda Staffing! You can find an excellent set of reference pages on Machine Shop Safety
here – and be sure to point out the practices that you use during your next interview!
What is “5S” and why should you care? If you work for a manufacturing company that produces for major government contractors, chances are good those contractors will make site visits from time to time to audit your organization. If your department/area routinely displays the standard “5S” principles, it can make all the difference in having a successful audit and winning new business. If you don’t already, put these 5S Practices
into place at your workstation whenever possible, and make sure to point out your efforts in your next interview!
BARRACUDA STAFFING IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
When you come to work for Barracuda Staffing, we don’t just give you a job, we give you the support you need to succeed. Before you even start, we provide you with helpful resources like our Interview Guide
, and even video tips
to help you land the job you’ve been hoping for. Once you are placed with an employer, we provide you with additional resources to help you make the most of your new position, including a monthly informative newsletter, a weekly blog
to assist with things like Conflict Resolution and Leadership skills, training resources, and even inspirational quotes on our social media platforms.
Whether you are just starting your job search, or you need to start tomorrow
, Apply Now
and let us help you find your new job!
We’ve got jobs, inspiration, information, and we’re even good for a laugh! Check us out on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, or Twitter!