We are currently looking to fill a CNC Welder position with a Tulsa Company: the ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience with welding and CNC operation. We are looking for dependable, extremely motivated individuals who are ready to learn and grow into leaders in their field with an important tool supplier to the Aerospace, Defense, and Oil & Gas Industry.
There’s never a dull moment when you work for a Tool & Die Maker: if you value skilled craftsmanship and you enjoy innovation and creative thinking, you’ll enjoy the challenge of being able to provide custom-tailored manufacturing solutions to solve a diversified range of client’s machining problems.
Shift: 1st, Monday – Thursday
Hours: 6:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Overtime: Some Possible
Starting Pay: $15 – $17 per hour, depending on experience
CNC Welder Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Able to safely perform computer numerical control (CNC) laser-cutting and welding;
- Responsible for loading and unloading parts in the machine, operating the machine, and detecting any malfunctions in normal machine operation (i.e. poor welding conditions, error messages, etc.);
- Responsible for running production lots, communicating with other team members regarding productions runs, and maintaining a safe, organized, and clean work environment;
- Responsible for selecting correct welding programs; establishes correct fixture and stop locations;
- Makes necessary welding parameter adjustments, and any other required tasks necessary to properly setup robotic welding operations;
- Detects and reports non-conforming materials or questionable machine operating conditions to the departmental team leader;
- Performs periodic inspection of manufactured products;
- Perform prescribed preventive maintenance on machines as required per the preventive maintenance schedules;
- Completes and maintains documentation associated with production of parts (i.e. shop traveler, process control chart, etc.);
- Assists in other general shop work areas to perform tasks as necessary;
- Adept with hand tools (i.e. wrenches, screw drivers, etc.) and inspection equipment (calipers, micrometers, scales, etc.) and inspection methods;
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean, orderly condition and follows prescribed safety procedures.
CNC Welder Requirements/Qualifications:
- Must have good communication and critical thinking skills;
- Excellent math, measurement, and inspection skills;
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and be able to stand, stoop, or lift throughout shift;
- Able to work in a noisy, industrial environment.
Climate Controlled Facility? Yes
Safety Equipment Required: Steel-Toed Boots
Required Education Level: High School – GED
If the CNC Welder position is not what you’re looking for, check out other available positions:
Everybody cares about safety, especially Barracuda Staffing! You can find an excellent set of reference pages here – and be sure to point out the practices that you use during your next interview!
What is “5S” and why should you care? If you work for a manufacturing company that produces for major government contractors, chances are good those contractors will make site visits from time to time to audit your organization. If your department/area routinely displays the standard “5S” principles, it can make all the difference in having a successful audit and winning new business. If you don’t already, put these 5S Practices
into place at your workstation whenever possible, and make sure to point out your efforts in your next interview!
BARRACUDA STAFFING IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
When you come to work for Barracuda Staffing, we don’t just give you a job, we give you the support you need to succeed. Before you even start, we provide you with helpful resources like our Interview Guide
, and even video tips
to help you land the job you’ve been hoping for. It is never our goal to put you into a job where you don’t fit or won’t succeed, so rather than place you in a position we expect you to leave soon, we will hold out for just the right opportunity. Once you are placed with an employer, we provide you with additional resources to help you make the most of your new position, including a monthly informative newsletter, a weekly blog
to assist with things like Conflict Resolution and Leadership skills, training resources, and even inspirational quotes on our social media platforms.
Whether you are just starting your job search, or you need to start tomorrow
, Apply Now
and let us help you find your new job!
We’ve got jobs, inspiration, information, and we’re even good for a laugh! Check us out on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, or Twitter!