We are currently looking to fill a Dispensing Optician position with a Tulsa eye care company.
Fills ophthalmic eyeglass prescriptions and fits and adapts lenses and frames. Ideal candidate will have 2+ years of experience. No ABO Certification required.
Starting Pay: Base pay $13 – $14 per hour + Bonus
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Evaluates prescription in conjunction with client’s vocational / avocational visual requirements.
- Determines client’s current lens prescription, when necessary, using lensometer or lens analyzer and client’s eyeglasses.
- Assists client in selecting frames according to style and color, coordinating frames with facial and eye measurements and optical prescription.
- Measures client’s bridge and eye size, temple length, vertex distance, pupillary distance, and optical centers of eyes.
- Prepares work order and instructions for grinding lenses and fabricating eyeglasses.
- Heats, shapes, or bends plastic or metal frames to adjust eyeglasses to fit client.
- Sells optical goods such as Plano sunglasses, magnifying glasses, and low vision aids.
- Repairs damaged frames.
- Determine the correct fees and collect accurately according to company policy.
- Insure all insurance co-pays and deductibles are collected at time of service
- Balance end of day batch sheet and submits to AR for reconciling
- Greet patients in a warm and friendly manner as they enter facility.
- Monitor frame displays for missing frames and reports to administrator then replaces.
- Answer phone and schedule appointments.
- Responsible to maintain accurate cash on hand and daily balance same.
- Must be able to accurately account for inventory on hand on an as required basis.
- Must be able to enter charges and receipts for the orders in the optical store and have a good understanding of the in-house computer system and how the patient records are maintained.
- Required to complete and document OSHA & HIPAA Training.
- Maintains Proper Attendance/On Time Performance.
- Demonstrates Superior Customer Service.
- One-year certificate from college or technical school; or six (6) months to 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
If interested in this position and meet the requirements listed above, please “Apply Now” and submit resume for consideration.
Check out other available positions by visiting us at https://www.barracudastaffing.com.
BARRACUDA STAFFING IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
When you come to work for Barracuda Staffing, we don’t just give you a job, we give you the support you need to succeed. Before you even start, we provide you with helpful resources like our Interview Guide, FAQS, and even video tips to help you land the job you’ve been hoping for. It is never our goal to put you into a job where you don’t fit or won’t succeed, so rather than place you in a position we expect you to leave soon, we will hold out for just the right opportunity.
Whether you are just starting your job search, or you need to start tomorrow, Apply Now and let us help you find your new job!