We are currently looking to fill a Logistics Specialist position with a Tulsa Company: the ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of experience in global industrial logistics, supply chain management, or a related field. We are looking for dependable, extremely motivated individuals who are ready to learn and grow into leaders in their field with a globally-recognized local company. This global distributor of cutting-edge specialty chemicals provides products that save lives all over the world, from flame retardants and refrigerants to solvents and cleaners, and much more!
Shift: 1st, Monday – Friday
Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Starting Pay: $30,000.00 – $40,000.00 per year, depending on experience
Logistics Specialist Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Perform daily logistics operations supporting customer purchase requests including order processing, scheduling and accurate delivery of products;
- Schedules shipment of selected products to customers and maintains contemporaneous records of quantity, type and value of materials and supplies shipped to named customer locations via selected transportation mode, i.e. containers, trucks, barges, and railcars;
- Maintain accurate, extremely detailed record keeping including all shipping and receiving functions for each sale;
- Assist Sales by obtaining freight rates and other cost information from appropriate vendors and transportation companies;
- May be asked to create purchase orders to requisition products, materials, supplies, and services from vendors, or assist accounting staff as necessary to prepare invoices issued to clients;
- Work closely with shipping lines and freight forwarders for product imports/exports and may create and/or verify pertinent documents (i.e. ISF, Bills of Lading, Commercial Invoice, Packing List, etc.)
Logistics Specialist Requirements/Qualifications:
- Extreme attention to detail; ability to meet deadlines;
- Able to promote effective communication between sales/administrative staff, clients, and vendors;
- Strong knowledge of inventory control and transportation concepts;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and computerized inventory record systems.
Required Education Level: High School – GED plus applicable experience a plus • College/University Business Degree Preferred
Demonstrate that you have the skills needed to get the most out of Office by earning a Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification in a specific Office program – learn more at Microsoft.com
BARRACUDA STAFFING IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
When you come to work for Barracuda Staffing, we don’t just give you a job, we give you the support you need to succeed. Before you even start, we provide you with helpful resources like our Interview Guide
, and even video tips
to help you land the job you’ve been hoping for. Once you are placed with an employer, we provide you with additional resources to help you make the most of your new position, including a monthly informative newsletter, a weekly blog
to assist with things like Conflict Resolution and Leadership skills, training resources, and even inspirational quotes on our social media platforms.
Whether you are just starting your job search, or you need to start tomorrow
, Apply Now
and let us help you find your new job!
We’ve got jobs, inspiration, information, and we’re even good for a laugh! Check us out on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, or Twitter!