Residential Maintenance Technician
Residential Maintenance Technician Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Able to complete light carpentry, electrical, and plumbing services in accordance with all applicable regulations;
- Must be exceptionally skilled at painting and drywall repair
- Experienced with trim and siding repair as well as general maintenance
Residential Maintenance Technician Requirements/Qualifications:
- Excellent customer service skills and approachable demeanor;
- Experience using apps on smart phones and tablets;
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
If you work in a construction trade, there are several things you can do to ace your next interview for the perfect job! Here are just a few pointers:
- Print out the job description in advance and write notes next to each listed requirement to remind yourself to point out the specifics on why you are qualified to do the job. Make sure you reference specific tools and equipment you used to complete activities.
- Everyone has experienced angry customers at some point, especially when it comes to issues concerning their homes. Be prepared to discuss an episode in the past where you had to deal with an angry customer, and how you resolved the matter to everyone’s satisfaction. If you cannot point to a successful outcome, it might be time to brush up on your conflict resolution skills, which could be pointed out to a potential employer as a way in which you seek continuous improvement.
- Stay abreast of local and industry news and regulatory changes; when you present a picture of an engaged employee who takes the time to be educated about his or her field of expertise, you display qualities that can cause potential employers to possibly overlook a shortcoming in a particular skill, because you put in effort and display a willingness to learn. A few good places to check periodically are;
- Oklahoma Construction Industries Board: http://cib.ok.gov/
- City of Tulsa: https://www.cityoftulsa.org/
- Oklahoma Building Codes: https://www.ok.gov/oubcc/
Thinking about starting an apprenticeship toward a new trade career? Click here to see the details on how to obtain a License or Certification in a new industry: http://cib.ok.gov/your-