We are currently looking to fill a Senior Accountant position in Marlow, OK.
Ideal candidate will have 2+ years in a Senior Accounting role with prior experience in a manufacturing environment.
Hours: N/A; Occasional overtime may be required
Starting Pay: $75,000 – $85,000 annually; Depending on experience
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for performing month end, quarter end and yearend closes; SOX compliance and financial reporting.
- Performs balance sheet and income statement reviews, including trend and variance analysis; Conducts balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Analyzes inventory variances, purchase price variances, and job order variances.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare journal entries, including supporting documentation.
- Conduct analysis to determine correct burden rate and performs annual cost rolls as applicable; Conducts analysis to determine accurate cost structure relating to absorption rate, bill of materials (BOMs), routers, standard costs (if applicable); Conducts various analysis of inventory, OES (Overstock, Excess, and Surplus) reserves; capitalized inventory variances, absorption and overhead analysis, etc.
- Involved with daily review of production/work orders to ensure material, labor and overhead transactions are processed timely and accurately.
- Responsible for all aspects of inventory (valuation, verification, obsolescence) and works closely with operations to better manage standard costs, product lines, margins, work in progress aged balances, reserves, cycle counts, materials in transit, warranty projects, labor/overhead rates and other adjustments.
- Works with the Finance Manager with supporting Operations Group with financial reporting, analysis and special projects.
- Ensures compliance with other internal policies and procedures.
- Evaluates business processes to streamline and drive improvements, with the goal of establishing best practices and standardizing policies and procedures across the business group.
- Develops business and cost reports, metrics, and key performance indicators to evaluate, interpret and provide critical information in support of operational decisions.
- Proactive in accounts receivable initiatives, collections and other working capital initiatives. Supports audit activities for internal and external audits.
- Involved with ERP system implementation.
- Other tasks as required
- Highly proficient to advanced Excel skills.
- Experience using ERP systems. Prefer experience with ERP implementations.
- Highly proficient and technical with HFM (Hyperion Financial Management) and/or Essbase/Planning, including development and reporting through Smartview.
- Cost accounting experience or working in a manufacturing environment highly preferred.
Required Education Level: Accounting or Finance degree required with total of 5-7 years overall experience and minimum of 2 years in similar role.
If interested in this position and meet the requirements listed above, please “Apply Now” and submit resume for consideration.
Check out other available positions by visiting us at https://www.barracudastaffing.com.
BARRACUDA STAFFING IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
When you come to work for Barracuda Staffing, we don’t just give you a job, we give you the support you need to succeed. Before you even start, we provide you with helpful resources like our Interview Guide, FAQS, and even video tips to help you land the job you’ve been hoping for. It is never our goal to put you into a job where you don’t fit or won’t succeed, so rather than place you in a position we expect you to leave soon, we will hold out for just the right opportunity.
Whether you are just starting your job search, or you need to start tomorrow, Apply Now and let us help you find your new job!