Job Search: 5 Simple Steps to Interview Success
- Do Your Research – The more background information you have on the company, the more confident you will feel during the interview. If you know who will be conducting the interview, try to research them prior to the interview – LinkedIn is a good place to start.
- What does the company do?
- What are their products?
- Who are their competitors?
- Be Prepared – Do whatever you can ahead of time. The fewer details you have to worry about the day of the interview the better. Some examples:
- Make sure what you are going to wear is clean and ironed.
- Print out multiple copies of you resume.
- Make sure there is gas in the car AND you know where you are going.
- Show up with something to write with and something to write on.
- Practice Your Responses – You do not want to come across as having memorized answers but you do want to sound coherent. You can eliminate some of the anxiety of the interview process by practicing how you might answer typical interview questions. Think about the points you want to make to the interviewer. Understand that the interview is more of a conversation than an interrogation.
- Arrive Early and Give Yourself Time to Relax – Do not be late. Do not be late. Do not be late.
- Be Friendly, Positive and Confident – If everything goes well you will most likely be working for and with the people you are meeting for the interview. Look them in the eye, shake hands, introduce yourself and smile. More than the formality of meeting job requirements, they need to know they can work with you should you be hired.
Need more tips? Keep checking BarracudaStaffing.com for more information.
Better yet, contact Barracuda Staffing today at (918) 488-0887 and begin the process of finding your next best job. We are always looking for great candidates to fill positions.
One last tip – TURN OFF YOUR PHONE!